Monday, November 30, 2009

BLOCK VANDALISM

Mrs Vejaya [Vejaya67@email.com]
INTERVIEWED: 12 Novemeber 2009, 10:15am




This was a complaint given to me by Mrs Vejaya who is residing in Blk 7. Mrs Vejaya is natually a quiet person, married and a mother of 2 kids. Recently, she witnessed a vandalism at her block. This was what she had to say.

"Last night about 11.25pm, I was coming back home from work, very shacked. Usually, I will take the lift to reach my house, which is at the 4th floor. I would say that it was all a coincidence that I chose to climb the stairs. When I was climbing the stairs, I witnessed 2 men dressed in polo-tees and jeans, spraying the walls in red. "O $ P $, #3-***". I was stunned to witness such behaviour. I realised that they were loan sharks vandalising the walls asking one of my neighbour to pay up.
Apparently, they were Chinese and medium built. They were tall and looked very familiar. When they caught me peeping at their vandalism, they immediately ran away, climbing up the stairs.
This is actually the second time witnessing such vandalism. Just last week, the construction workers just finished painting our flats and this had to happen. I am very annoyed at these barbaric acts by the loan sharks. This need to really stop. I am afraid of reporting about this act to the police because naturally I am a very quiet person and I do not want to get into trouble as the loan sharks seemed to look very fierce."

P.S: Check out the picture taken of the vandalism act through Ms. Vejaya's phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment